Pages

Friday 2 January 2015

My first ever blog post

How to start? What to write? What will this blog even entail?
I guess whatever I want, as it is my blog. Will anyone even be interested? Perhaps, yes. But if not, what have I lost.
I don’t find myself as entirely interesting. I am a girl (obviously), OR should I say I am a woman. I hate that term. I am a “woo-man”. Like a feminist. Feminists ey.. I prefer a brazillian wax, to wear a bra and think that I should cook and my boyfriend should take out the trash.
I am I suppose what some people would call successful. What defines success? Wealth? Health? Happiness?

I graduated from Newcastle University when I was 20-and-a-half with a Bachelor of Nursing. I wanted to be a primary school teacher, but didn’t get the marks. My plan was to get into something ‘easy’ and transfer over. I never did. And I would never say the Bachelor of Nursing was ‘easy’ either. Perhaps that it was because I was only 17-and-a-half when I started? And was mostly interested in drinking, and hanging out with my then emotional-abusive boyfriend. And have absolutely no idea what I wanted in life. That just seems like yesterday, except it feels like a very long time ago if you know what I mean.

I have been working at a large trauma referral hospital in Newcastle as a Registered Nurse for coming up to my 8th year. I am 26 and a half. And I am a bloody good nurse. I am caring, and passionate. I am honest and a patient advocate. I have days where I want to throw it all in, but what else would I do? Nursing is what I have been made to do.

I live in a quiet lake/beachside town that has the name of a coastal bird. It is bliss. We have horrible shaggy carpet that makes me feel itchy, and has to be vacuumed all the time (but doesn’t as much as it should).

I am on Lexapro. Lexapro is a medication used to treat anxiety and depression. I have anxiety which in turn made me depressed. It made me depressed because I felt so anxious and worried all the time, it caused me to become depressed. “But you are so happy all the time Bettie” (pseudonym). I have been on this for coming up to 5 years, and I am doing very well at the moment.

I have some endometriosis. I have had two laparoscopic surgeries for it.

I am not perfect, and have many many flaws. I hope to update this blog regularly with whatever inspires me.
 
Introducing myself. The one in the stripes. Always in stripes. Taken NYE 2014.

Happy New Year all

Love Bettie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS