Pages

Sunday 4 January 2015

My new year goals

I always make a resolution for the New Year. And it is usually to lose weight. It never happens. Ever.
So, this year I decided to set myself some goals for the year, and if I accomplish them- great! If not, I haven't lost anything (?literally).

Trying to be more positive I am a somewhat negative person, and worry about things incessantly. Things that more than likely won't happen. So I ruin the 'now' by worrying about things that could happen in the future. I tend to envision the worst case scenarios, too.
Example- We have been trying to fall pregnant. For four months. And I am convinced that I am infertile and will be baron and have to adopt 5 cats and my career will be my 'baby'. Likelihood of that happening? Small, yet possible. But if we do have fertility issues, we are fortunate enough to have access to help. And we aren't even at that stage. Even close. But mind you, I have already googled infertility clinics and can tell you the in's and out's of IVF. I can't help but think it will never happen. Especially because x and x fell pregnant within one month of trying, oh and y wasn't even trying! But Bettie, it isn't a race. And everyone is different. And I am a shift worker. And so is Mr Bettie. Perhaps we have missed the egg so far? I have endometriosis, and my Gynaecologist has performed surgery and has assured me that there will be no issues from that point of view. So why do I feel like this?
My goal is to stay busy, and stop looking on bloody forums! And to stop obsessing over charting, and mucous, and a little twinge that means I must be pregnant. It will happen. Let it be. You are only 26 DUH

Take up some hobbies I hate talking to people who ask me "What are your hobbies?". Um. Shopping?
I have set myself the goal of learning how to use my beautiful Nikon camera I got for Christmas a few years ago. It has so much more potential than I am giving it on the "Auto" mode. These days, there are so many tutorials and step by step instructions on how to do it, I am sure to nail a few basics. A really good introduction to using a DSLR can be found here.
Plus, we are going to the USA in 2(!) weeks, and I want to take some great pictures.
I also was contemplating writing a book. I was inspired by my very bestest friend whom has just finished writing her first draft novel (Hi A.A). However, I had no idea what to write. I found I had a lot of different ideas based on my life, but none fluid enough to go into one book. Which led me to starting a blog. So I can add 'writing' to my list of new hobbies (not that I am a great writer, but enjoy getting my thoughts and things out on paper).

Start being nicer to myself I am very negative towards myself. I know I am a good person, and need to start to appreciate myself way more than I do.

Save more money Eh, I know how to do this. So I better try my hardest. Wish me luck.

Just because it is a new year, doesn't mean that goals should be set then. I try to set new goals for myself all throughout the year.

Reaching them, however, is a different story.

Love Bettie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS