Pages

Thursday 8 January 2015

One of the best days of my life

When I was 22, I went overseas for 6 weeks. I travelled to the UK, Ireland, and countries throughout Europe. It was amazing. Of course.
I had just broken up with my ex boyfriend of 4 years, and so had a girl I worked with so we had a common ground. We decided "eff it, lets go overseas together". It was such a great experience and that girl is one of my bestest friends to date.
There was a lot of drinking, making new friends, seeing the sights, and hangovers. We saw the Eiffel Tower, kissed the Blarney Stone and visited a German Beer Hall.
But, there was one day that stood out to me the most. It stood out as one of the best days of my life (besides being born). It was when we went to Lucerne, Switzerland, and went up Mount Rigi.
 
I had no idea what I was in for on that particular day. All I knew is that we would be sledding and catching a train-type thing up a massive mountain. 
We embarked on the train and started taking the journey up. Before our very eyes the scenery started to resemble something I would imagine in the most perfect description of 'christmas'. I was honestly breathless. I had never seen something so amazing in my whole life. 
 
 
 
 

On the way to the top
 
At the top of Mt Rigi

Look at all that beautiful beautiful snow


And the best thing ever? Sledding down that mountain. Oh that glorious mountain. I would give my left leg to do that again. It was like being in Narnia. So beautiful, so white, so bright and so quiet. It was one of thee best days of my life. And I laughed and laughed all day we were there. I hope to get back there again one day.

This is where we stayed. Can't remember for the life of me the name. It was the most comfortable bed. I have ever slept in. 

Lucerne, Switzerland. A truly beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS